Gaming: The Nintendo Switch

I'll try to avoid it but I think I'm going full on fanboy mode for this one post.

If you read the Welcome post, you'll probably know by now (and by the blog title) that I am a bit geeky. And as every good geek, I do like to play videogames from time to time.

When I am travelling, I do like to carry on some kind of portable console that allows me to make those train, plane and bus trips a little bit more pleasant.

Recently, I purchased the newest Nintendo console, the Switch, just out of curiosity, and it turns out, it packs quite the punch for its size. I'm not going to bore you with the technical aspects, but I'll simply tell you what you can do with it.


nintendo-travel
Not your typical console.

First of all, it is a home console. It has a dock you can plug to your TV, and when you're at home, you can play it in a big screen, like any normal console. Nothing new here.

But what if you aren’t home? No problem! Just pick the console and take it on the go! 

console-travel
Multiplayer on the go!

However, you probably are expecting pixelated graphics, like any portable out there. Well, the console has an integrated screen with 720p HD resolution, the same you would get in any modern TV.

To play with the Switch, you get two controllers called Joy-cons. They can function as one single controller or two.

This allows the Switch to have multiplayer on the go. This means that you can pick up the console with a friend, and play FIFA, Mario Kart, Fortnite, wherever you are!

Lastly, the battery of this thing lasts around 3 hours from full charge to 0, at max brightness and settings. That is simply, astonishing. 

The console price starts at 279,99 GBP. I think it is a great deal for such a device.

I'll leave you with the trailer of the console.


Until the next post, my fellow nerds!

Comments

What's fresh

Welcome to my little corner of the internet!

Travel tips: Common scams in tourist places